Understanding DOD Data Destruction Standards
Data security is a primary consideration during any IT asset disposition process.
Business managers must understand the difference between simply erasing information and destroying it in accordance with government regulations.
Should this data fall into the wrong hands, the company could find itself in serious legal trouble.
Liquid Technology provides an easy-to-understand explanation of DOD data destruction standards, necessary certifications, and more. In this white paper, you'll learn:
- The guidelines for The Department of Defense Standard 5220.22-M
- The guidelines for NIST Publication 800-88
- What it means to be a certified data destruction company
- How to ensure the data destruction company you choose adheres to government mandates
- How to tell if the software being used by a data destruction company is effective
- Industry-specific regulations and more
Get your white paper today by simply filling out the form on the right.